I have always suffered from digestive issues, and so I’ve always been a picky eater. Whether it’s my lactose intolerance, nut allergies, fruit allergies, dislike of meat, sensitivity to acids, or my mild gluten intolerance, my insides always feel like they’re fighting a war against my meal choices on a daily basis.
So I came up with these easy to make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies. They’re a good base for adding extras like chips, nuts or dried fruit.
The cookie is crunchy and soft and doesn’t have the crumbly feel that you often get with gluten free cookies.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies (Recipe)
- 2/3 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of Yellow Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cup of Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp. Gluten Free Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Optional: Add dark chocolate chips, dried cranberry, pumpkin seeds, or anything else you like! This recipe is a simple gluten free peanut butter cookie base for you to go wild with additions.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Combine gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Next, combine dry and wet mixtures together by stirring until all dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed with wet mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls by rolling cookie dough between your hands and place onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- Flatten balls with a fork in a cross hatch pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on a rack or leave on baking sheet to cool before transferring to platter or storage container.
Pin for Later: